If you are new to veganism and are not sure where to start, here are some quick ways to help you kick-start your journey.
- Replace meat, dairy and eggs in your diet with healthy, tasty, vegan foods.
- Avoid wearing belts, shoes and other clothing items that are made from leather or animal products such as wool, fur or down.
- Avoid buying cosmetic products that either contain animal products or byproducts or where tested on animals in laboratories.
- Contact South African Vegan Society with any queries you may have about health, nutrition, animal rights or any other facts about vegan living.
- Encourage others to go vegan.
- Be strong. People are naturally resistant to change and may initially reject your choices. Over time, they will learn to respect you for your decisions, and may even join you.
- Learn the facts. There is a lot of misinformation out there, be careful and check references.